Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'm Back to Mato Grosso...

Hello!
Well, I’m back to Mato Grosso.
It was loooong bus ride: 24h!
But, I’m glad to be back to the main office, specially, after some very good rains on the last days…We are now in the Spring – The Rufous-bellied Thrushes are singing ( a lot) again!
But, I’m NOT fully happy – Just got the information about a tragedy : The Grandson – The only one – Of my aunt Emilia, died on a motorbike crash – He was just 19 years old!...
Very, Very Sad…
He lived on a town called ARAPONGAS, which means BELLBIRDS. The most interesting fact about his place is: ALL the streets & Avenues have BIRD NAMES!
As I said, I went there , last weekend. Driving or walking on that towns was like finding lifers:
Hey! This is the Toucan Street – I never had been here before…Then, I was excited to find out the name of the coming street…What? Swallow avenue? Great! I like that!...
Even, extinct birds of Birds of the Ancient Greek, have room there!
Cheerio!

Paulo Boute.

No comments: