Monday, July 27, 2009

Church Sparrow ?

Hello!

I'm in Aracajú...Just about to leave for Salvador, from where I will start a 08 day birding tour on the Brazilian NE.
Yesterday ( Sunday) I went to the mass service on a catholic church near by. (I'm a catholic).
During the sermon, I couldn't ignore the House Sparrows calling from inside the church.
The building is a very basic one, without a celling - Just the roof.
The sparrow like to built nests there & like it as a shelter, as well.
This is true for most churches in Brazil - The House Sparrows loves the churches!!!
By the way, in Brazil the Barn Owl is called the Church Owl ( among other names).
So, I wondering why not to call the House Sparrow , the Church Sparrow???

May everyone have a great day & wonderful week!

Yours,

Paulo Boute.
https://boute-expeditions.websiteseguro.com/

No comments: